School Resource and Emergency Liason Officer – Deputy Kenneth Cooper
Deputy Cooper is responsible for the following services and can be reached directly by completing and submitting the Contact Us form:
1. Provide law enforcement and police services to the school, school grounds and areas adjacent to the school. Work to prevent juvenile delinquency through close contact and positive relationship with students.
2. Conduct security inspections to deter criminal or delinquent activities. Establish and maintain a close partnership with school administrators in order to provide for a safe school environment. Ensure school administrator safety by being present during school searches, which may involve weapons, controlled dangerous substances or in such cases that, the student’s emotional state may present a risk to the administrator.
3. Assist school administrators in emergency crisis planning and building security matters. Provide a course of training for school personnel in handling crisis situations, which may arise at the school. Example active shooter incidents.
4. Be visible within the school community. Attend and participate in school functions. Build working relationships with the schools staff as well as with the student and parent groups.
5. Work closely with teachers in designing and presenting law-related topics and the role of police in our society. Work with guidance counselors and other student support staff to assist students and to provide services to students involved in situations where referrals to service agencies are necessary. Assist in conflict resolution efforts.
6. Initiate interaction with students in the classroom and general area of the school building. Promote the profession of police officer and be a positive role model. Increase the visibility and accessibility of police to the school community.
7. I also maintain effective communication between the county supervisors and the Sheriff’s Dept. Promote mutual understanding among various organizations tasked with providing and coordinating emergency situations.
Error: Contact form not found.